Making a difference in New Zealand School elections
Replacing the traditional paper-based approach, our easy-to-use digital interface enables real-time interaction between candidates, Returning Officers, and parents, and encourages community-wide support.
Want to run your own election?
Are you a BOT candidate?
Find your school and login belowkeyboard_arrow_right Resources
Are you a returning officer?
Find your school and login belowkeyboard_arrow_right Resources
About School Elections Manager
The School Elections Manager is an online tool that makes it a breeze for schools to setup and manage their Board Of Trustee Elections all in one online space. Created to help de-stress and simplify the schools election process, the School Election Manager encourages the whole community to get involved and stay informed.
- check Returning Officers
Returning Officers have a dedicated election website where they can receive online nominations, approve candidates and publish election results.
- check Candidates
Eligible stakeholders can submit nominations and track their progress.
- check Parents and care-givers
Parents and care-givers can stay informed about key election dates and view the election results as soon as they are published.
Go digital with your schools Board Of Trustee Elections
CES fundamentally understands the School Board election process. We have been undertaking school Board elections since 1992. Our School Elections Manager provides Returning Officers an online tool to manage the entire election process themselves ensuring that your school and community run a problem-free election process.
check Support guide & help desk
Our Returning Officer user guide and support will ensure that managing an election with School Elections Manager is a simple process.
check Hassle free election documents
Download your election cover letter, nomination form, candidate statements, sample voting paper and election results documentation when needed.
check Candidate profiles
Save time by encouraging candidates to submit their nominations online. Approve, edit and elect candidates with ease and swiftly insert candidates when paper-based nominations are received.
check Present your new School Board of Trustees
Publish your newly elected Board of Trustees straight to your schools election website.
1.1 Digital Journey Limited and Canterbury Education Services Society Limited (Digital Journey, CESSL we, us or our) operate a website (www.boardelections.nz) that enables customers to access school election management services online.
1.2 These terms apply to any use of our website, whether as a guest or as a registered user. Use of our website includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our website.
1.3 By using our website, you confirm that you accept these terms and agree to comply with them.
2. Your Account
2.1 If you are a registered user of our website you are responsible for keeping your account information secret and secure.
2.2 You must not disclose your login details or allow any other person to use your login information to access our website.
3.1 We allow users of our services to provide feedback on our website about their interactions with other users.
3.2 Any feedback you provide must be accurate and must not contain offensive, defamatory or inappropriate language or content. We may remove any such content in our sole discretion.
4.1 You agree that we may send you emails relating to your registration on our website, transactions you undertake through our website and for promoting our services.
5. Third Party Websites and Hyperlinking
5.1 Our website may contain links to other websites. These links are provided for your information only and you acknowledge that we have no control over the content of those websites.
5.2 You may not link your website to our website without our prior written consent.
6. Intellectual Property
6.1 We own all intellectual property rights in our website (except content uploaded directly by users of our website). You must not use or distribute our intellectual property without our prior written consent.
6.2 You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free licence to use any content you upload to our website including for promotion of our services and to make available to other users of our website.
7.1 We do not warrant that:
- (a) Any information provided on our website is free from errors or reliable; (b) Our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our website without notice; (c) Our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
8.1 We will not be liable:
- (a) If our website is unavailable at any time;
- (b) For any corruption of data or information held by us;
- (c) To the fullest extent permitted by law for any loss (including, without limitation, consequential loss, loss of profits or loss of data), damage, cost or expense of any kind suffered or incurred in connection with your use of our website.
8.2 CESSL will have no liability for any action or omission of Digital Journey.
8.3 Digital Journey will have no liability for any action or omission of CESSL.
9. User's Suspension of Registration
9.1 You may suspend your account and remove your profile from being viewed by others on our website at any time provided you have no current orders. However, you acknowledge that we may retain your profile information for our records.
10. Termination of Registration
10.1 We reserve the right in our sole discretion to decline to register you as a user of our website or terminate your registration. Without limiting that right, we may terminate your registration if we receive any complaints about you, you breach our terms or you create an account using false information.
11. Electronic Signatures – Acknowledgement of Use
11.1 You acknowledge that you certain information that you provide or upload to the website may need to be signed by and you confirm that:
- (a) any signature that you submit is your true and usual signature;
- (b) you acknowledge that the use of your electronic signature indicates the approval of the information to which your electronic signature relates and/or is requested for; and
- (c) where any "signed" document needs to be provided to you, you consent to any counterparty to that document signing by way of electronic signature.
12.2 We may vary these terms from time to time. We will provide notice of the change by uploading the updated terms on our website and we may also email you a copy of the updated terms (if you have provided us with your email address). After providing that notice you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms if you continue to use our website or the services provided by us.
12.3 If any provision in these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect any other provision in these terms.
12.4 The law of New Zealand applies to these terms and the transactions contemplated by them. The New Zealand courts have jurisdiction in respect of these terms and the transactions contemplated by them.
1.1 Digital Journey Limited and Canterbury Education Services Society Limited (Digital Journey, CESSL, we and us) are committed to protecting the personal information of you as a user of our website (www.boardelections.nz) (you).
- (a) how and why we collect personal information;
- (b) how that information is stored;
- (c) how you can access and correct that information; and
- (d) when we might disclose personal information to other people.
3. Collection of Personal Information
3.1 We may collect the following personal information:
- (a) Your name, phone number, physical address, postal address and email address.
- (b) Your username, password and profile picture.
- (c) Metadata obtained through your use of our website, including your IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, and timezone.
- (d) Your payment information, such as your credit or debit card details.
- (e) Any communication with us either directly, via phone or email.
- (f) Information about the device you use to access our website, including device identifier, device type, device plugins, and hardware capabilities.
- (g) Information obtained by or submitted to us from you through your use (or prospective use) of our website and the Services, including information and documents submitted by you, your GPS position, pages viewed, buttons clicked, viewing time, keyword searches.
3.2 We may receive information about you through our website, applications, communication systems, or other communication.
3.3 We may also receive information about you from third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- (a) We may collect data from your accounts on other platforms that you give us permission to connect to. These platforms include, but are not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google. You can stop us from collecting data from those other platforms by removing our access on the platform or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (b) Your payment provider may provide us with information about the payments you make; and
- (c) We may collect information from public sources.
3.4 If you choose not to provide information when we ask for it, then you may not be able to use the Services.
4. Use of Personal Information
4.1 We use personal information we collect about you:
- (a) To verify your identity.
- (b) In connection with the provision (or potential provision) of Services to you.
- (c) To communicate with you in relation to the Services.
- (d) To market our Services to you, including contacting you electronically (for example, by text, email or an online messaging platform).
- (e) To collect money that is owed by you.
- (f) To co-operate with any government, industry, legislative or regulatory authorities.
- (g) To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- (h) For any other purpose authorised by you and/or the Privacy Act.
4.2 We reserve our right to use data (on an anonymous basis) in relation to your use of the Services for marketing and accounting purposes
4.3 You may request that we stop sending marketing or promotional messages at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com
5.2 You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of our website.
6. Links to other websites
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
7.2 Without limiting clause 7.1 and, for the avoidance of doubt, CESSL and Digital Journey may provide your personal information to each other in connection with the provision of Services.
8. Storage of Personal Information
9. Accessing Personal Information
9.1 You have the right to access and correct personal information held by us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.2 In particular, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
(a) To request access to your personal information.
(b) To request a correction to your personal information.
(c) To request the deletion or removal of your personal information.
(d) To object to the processing of your personal information.
(e) To request a restriction on the processing of your personal information.
(f) To request a transfer or your personal information to you or a third party.
(g) To withdraw consent to the use of your personal information.
9.3 In many cases you may also update the information we hold about you, such as your contact details and password, by logging in and updating the information in your account.
10. Limitation of Liability
10.1 CESSL will have no liability for any action or omission of Digital Journey.
10.2 Digital Journey will have no liability for any action or omission of CESSL.
11. Amendments to this Policy
search Find your school
check_circle 286 schools registered.